Even though I’m busy traveling up and down the east coast doing interviews and a set visit for Collider, I’m forcing myself to finally post the last of the exclusive interviews I did at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. And after the one you’re about to watch with Sam Rockwell and writer/director James C. Strouse for “The Winning Season”, I’ll only have two left!
Anyway, let’s get to why you’re here…
In case you haven’t heard of “The Winning Season” yet, it stars Sam Rockwell as an adult misfit who is brought on to coach the local girl’s high school basketball team. The film co-stars Emma Roberts (“Nancy Drew”) as Abby, and it also stars Rob Corddry, Shareeka Epps, and Emily Rios. While I never got to see the movie at the Festival, friends who did said very positive things. That’s probably why Lionsgate bought it.
Anyhow, with Lionsgate planning on releasing the movie later this year, I’d imagine I’ll have more interviews down the road with everyone involved. But for now, here’s my interview with Sam Rockwell and writer/director James C. Strouse.
Sam Rockwell and James C. Strouse
· They talk about how they just shot the movie and it’s already playing and it’s been sold
· I ask them about their collaboration in making the script work
· Sam talks about how he prepares when taking a role
· I ask them to tell a fun behind the scenes story from when they were making the movie – James tells a very funny story
· I ask Sam about having a few films at Sundance and what the experience has been like for him
· What will be on the DVD/Blu-ray