Opening this weekend is director Jonathan Liebesman’s (Battle: Los Angeles) Wrath of the Titans. In the sequel to Clash of the Titans, Perseus (Sam Worthington) is tasked with stopping the titans and saving Zeus (Liam Neeson) from Hades’ stranglehold (Ralph Fiennes). The film also stars Rosamund Pike, Bill Nighy, Edgar Ramirez, Toby Kebbell and Danny Huston. And for those wondering how the sequel turned out, Wrath of the Titans is what I hoped Clash of the Titans would be. It’s got a solid story, incredible effects, and the 3D is really well done. I’ve seen it twice (including IMAX 3D) and it’s definitely recommended. For more on the film, here’s five clips.
During my interview with Worthington and Neeson, we talked about how their characters have changed, what shortcomings of the first film did they want to correct, how they prepared for the sequel, what their most challenging action scenes were, Taken 2, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson
- Sam mentions that he watches the videoblogs on Collider and then you can see an awesome exchange between Sam and Liam.
- After mentioning how much I enjoyed the film, I ask if there were certain things they wanted to make sure happened in the sequel that might have been missed in the first film.
- With this being a sequel, how did they prepare for the roles and Sam talks about how his character has changed
- What were the most challenging action scenes to film.
- Has Liam seen a rough cut of Taken 2 yet (he hasn’t) and was the horse Sam rides the same horse from the first Clash and was it still a diva.