Wait until you see Samuel L. Jackson and Sofia Boutella in Kingsman: The Secret Service. He plays Valentine, a villainous tech tycoon with a lisp who’s got the ultimate wardrobe and a thing for McDonald’s, and Boutella steps in as Gazelle, Valentine’s loyal sidekick who rocks a wicked set of blade legs.
They’re easily one of the most vibrant, entertaining evil duos I’ve seen on screen in years so it was an absolute thrill to get to sit down with Jackson and Boutella to discuss how they made it happen. Check out what they had to say about Boutella’s aptitude for becoming a Kingsman in real life, the elements of Valentine that Jackson came up with himself, the big changes made to the Valentine/Gazelle relationship going from the comic to the movie, and more. Check it all out in the video interview below and be sure to catch Kingsman: The Secret Service in theaters on February 13th. (Warning: They do discuss a plot spoiler in this interview!)
- Which cast member could make it through Kingsman training?
- Would Boutella go through with the dog test in order to become a Kingsman?
- The elements of Valentine that Jackson came up with himself.
- The challenges of speaking with a lisp throughout the whole movie.
- Boutella’s lime green leggings.
- Did she have to change her walk so that the legs would look right when they put them in in post?
- How her dance experience helped her during filming.
- On Valentine and Gazelle’s relationship.