At the recent press day for director Paul Feig‘s The Heat, we landed an exclusive video interview with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. The film stars Bullock as an FBI agent who teams up with a local Boston cop (McCarthy) in order to bring down a drug lord. As you can see in the trailers and clips, the film features some excellent chemistry between Bullock and McCarthy, and it’s great to see two women as the leads in a buddy cop comedy.
During the interview, Bullock and McCarthy talked about how Hollywood rarely makes a movie with two female leads, what they collect, iced coffee, Dunkin Donuts, and more. In addition, McCarthy talked about Tammy, which she wrote and is directing with her husband Ben Falcone, and Bullock talked about Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity. Hit the jump to watch. The Heat opens June 28th.
Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy:
- We talk about how Hollywood rarely makes a movie with two female leads. Also how rare it is to have two women as the leads in a buddy cop movie.
- Dunkin Donuts talk since they filmed in Boston
- We talk about iced coffee
- What do they collect or nerd out for?
- They talk about Tammy and Gravity