With Peter Jackson’s The Lovely Bones getting released this weekend, it’s time to post the video interviews I got to do with Jackson and most of the cast. The first thing to know is…the reason I got to speak with everyone is our partners at Omelete were invited to the international press day and they sent me to cover it. So a big thank you to them for making this happen.
As most of you are aware, The Lovely Bones is based on the novel by Alice Sebold and it’s about a 14-year-old girl named Susie Salmon who is lured into a makeshift underground den in a cornfield and brutally raped and murdered, the latest victim of a serial killer–the man she knew as her neighbor. From heaven, Susie keeps watch over her grieving family and friends, as well as her brazen killer and the sad detective working on her case. The film stars Rachel Weisz, Mark Wahlberg, Susan Sarandon, Stanley Tucci, Michael Imperioli and Saoirse Ronan.
During my interview with Saoirse Ronan, we discussed what the promotional process has been like, Twitter and Facebook, making the movie, and we also talked about The Way Back - Peter Weir’s next movie. Hit the jump to see what she had to say:
Finally, look for more Lovely Bones interviews everyday this week. And to watch some clips from The Lovely Bones, click here.
- What has the promotional process been like for her
- Twitter/Facebook talk
- Is she very careful about what she puts online
- What’s the one thing she really remembers from making the movie
- Was there a scene or two she was sad to see get cut out
- Did she get to keep any of her clothing from the movie
- Talks about The Way Back and who she plays in it. The film is directed by Peter Weir