Opening this weekend is Dracula Untold. Directed by Gary Shore, the film stars Luke Evans as Vlad, a character based on Vlad the Impaler. When the Turkish ruler Mehmet (Dominic Cooper) threatens to take 1,000 boys from Transylvania including Vlad’s son, Vlad makes a desperate play to save them by becoming a vampire. The film also stars Sarah Gadon, Charles Dance, Art Parkinson, and Noah Huntley. For more on the film, watch a clip or read 50 things to know about Dracula Untold from our set visit.
The other day in New York City I spoke with Sarah Gadon about the film. She talked about why Dracula has remained popular for generations, how the film’s focus on Dracula’s family drew her to the project, her relationship with David Cronenberg, directing an episode of Reelside about Caitlin Cronenberg, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- What is it about Dracula that has kept the story popular for generations?
- The film is focused on Dracula’s family. Is that one of the things that drew her to the project?
- How long did she have to wait after her screen test to hear she got the job?
- Talks about her relationship with David Cronenberg (she’s worked with him a number of times).
- Talks about directing an episode of Reelside about Caitlin Cronenberg.