Ghostface is going to have a lot of killing to do in Scream 4. TheWrap reports that the horror flick has now added two new potential victims to its ensemble: Community‘s Alison Brie and Battlestar Galactica‘s Mary McDonnell. TheWrap doesn’t know which characters they’ll be playing, but I’m sure we’ll all know soon enough. I hope both survive the movie since Brie is too hot to die (yes, I know how slasher movies work) and no one should be able to off Laura Roslyn. So say we all.
Hit the jump for all of the film’s other casting. Scream 4 is set to open on April 15, 2011.
Directed by Wes Craven and written by Kevin Williamson, the next entry in the meta-slasher-cum-regular-slasher series has picked up an eclectic cast. Original stars Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox, and David Arquette will all be returning. The three will be joined by Emma Roberts who plays the lead role of Jill, the cousin of Campbell’s character, Sidney Prescott.
- Hayden Panettiere: Jill’s nerdy best friend.
- Rory Culkin: Jill’s love interest.
- Adam Brody: A cop recently graduated from college who was raised on the CSI TV series.
- Marley Shelton: A deputy cop who knew Sidney in high school.
- Erik Knudsen: A character who is familiar with horror movie conventions and a provider of comic relief, similar to the role Jamie Kennedy played in the first two films.
The identity of the killer is being closely guarded with none of the cast members knowing what happens in the script after page 75.