Before going any further let me be clear: you NEED to see director Matthew Vaughn’s Kick-Ass this weekend. It’s such an awesome movie I hope you just take my word for it and stop watching clips and trailers and see it with a crowd Friday night. I know I’ll be seeing it again this weekend, as it’s one of my favorite films this year. Again, I can’t recommend it enough.
If you read Collider on any sort of regular basis…you know I never say anything like that before an interview.
Anyway, last week at WonderCon I got to sit down with screenwriter Jane Goldman. She told me how she got involved in Kick-Ass, her obsession with Twitter, we talked about how she writes and I got an update on The Woman in Black – the script she’s writing for Hammer Films. Check out the interview after the jump:
- How did she get on the project and was it something that appealed to her immediately
- Talks about how she was writing the screenplay with Matthew Vaughn while Mark Millar was writing the comic
- How much does she enjoy Twitter
- How does she divide up her time for writing and what’s her writing style
- Does she have any specific time she writes and does she believe in the golden hours
- Hammer Films talk – She’s writing The Woman in Black and what is it about
- Is she going to work with Matthew Vaughn again and is he doing another superhero movie