At Spike TV’s “Guys Choice Awards” (because guys so rarely get to decide just about everything) the male cast of Fast Times at Ridgemont High and director Amy Heckerling reunited on stage and Sean Penn brought back his breakthrough role as Jeff Spicoli for about two seconds by saying “Aloha, Mr. Hand” as only Spicoli could say it. Spicoli is a funny role these days because it’s such a light role and Penn has devoted himself to serious movies and serious issues for the majority of his career. The last time he did an (intentional) comedy was 1999′s Sweet and Lowdown (2001′s I Am Sam is pretty hilarious). I can’t help but wonder if audiences could even accept Penn in a comic role today.
Hit the jump to check out the video.
Via Spike TV.
Sean Penn Leads A Ridgemont High Reunion
Tags: Sean Penn Leads A Ridgemont High Reunion
- First Red-Band Trailer and New Images for V/H/S/2
- Karl Urban Says a DREDD Sequel Is “Not Off the Agenda”
- The Entirety of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Season 9 Will Take Place Over the Course of One Weekend
- New Trailer, Poster, and Images for RIDDICK Starring Vin Diesel
- Simon Pegg Talks STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS, Working on the Huge Practical Sets, Lens Flares, Deleted Scenes, TREK 3, and More
IndieClick Film Network