At Spike TV’s “Guys Choice Awards” (because guys so rarely get to decide just about everything) the male cast of Fast Times at Ridgemont High and director Amy Heckerling reunited on stage and Sean Penn brought back his breakthrough role as Jeff Spicoli for about two seconds by saying “Aloha, Mr. Hand” as only Spicoli could say it. Spicoli is a funny role these days because it’s such a light role and Penn has devoted himself to serious movies and serious issues for the majority of his career. The last time he did an (intentional) comedy was 1999′s Sweet and Lowdown (2001′s I Am Sam is pretty hilarious). I can’t help but wonder if audiences could even accept Penn in a comic role today.
Hit the jump to check out the video.
Via Spike TV.
Sean Penn Leads A Ridgemont High Reunion
Tags: Sean Penn Leads A Ridgemont High Reunion
- 5 Major Takeaways and 65 Things to Know About Director Paul W.S. Anderson’s POMPEII From Our Set Visit
- Kit Harington Talks Bulking Up for the Role, His Love of Action, the Popularity of GAME OF THRONES, and More on the Set of POMPEII
- Peter Berg Says He’s Meeting with Writers for a Sequel to THE RUNDOWN; Looking to Team Dwayne Johnson with an Unnamed Actor
- Peter Berg Says There Won’t Be a New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie
- Bradley Cooper Talks Rocket Raccoon’s Accent in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY; Says Chris Pratt’s Performance is ‘Unbelievable’ and ‘Blew Him Away’