At Spike TV’s “Guys Choice Awards” (because guys so rarely get to decide just about everything) the male cast of Fast Times at Ridgemont High and director Amy Heckerling reunited on stage and Sean Penn brought back his breakthrough role as Jeff Spicoli for about two seconds by saying “Aloha, Mr. Hand” as only Spicoli could say it. Spicoli is a funny role these days because it’s such a light role and Penn has devoted himself to serious movies and serious issues for the majority of his career. The last time he did an (intentional) comedy was 1999′s Sweet and Lowdown (2001′s I Am Sam is pretty hilarious). I can’t help but wonder if audiences could even accept Penn in a comic role today.
Hit the jump to check out the video.
Via Spike TV.
Sean Penn Leads A Ridgemont High Reunion
Tags: Sean Penn Leads A Ridgemont High Reunion
- Creator Ryan Murphy Reveals Details on AMERICAN HORROR STORY Season 3; Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, and Evan Peters to Return
- First Trailer and Poster for RED 2 Starring Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren and John Malkovich
- 16 New Images from A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD Featuring Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney and Yuliya Snigir
- Watch: How THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY Should Have Ended
- First Trailer for SPRING BREAKERS Starring Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, and James Franco
IndieClick Film Network