At last weekend’s WonderCon, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter director Timur Bekmambetov, star Ben Walker and author/screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith showed off a new trailer and an extended section of a big action set piece that featured all the principal cast. If you missed Dave’s recap of the panel, click here. You can also watch the new trailer here. For those just hearing about the project, the film re-imagines our 16th President as a statesman by day and a vampire slayer by night.
Shortly before the panel, I got to sit down with Grahame-Smith. We talked about being at WonderCon, the collaboration between himself, Tim Burton, Timur Bekmambetov and 20th Century Fox on the project, how has the project changed along the way, and and what they learned from their friends and family screening. Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, what you’re about to watch is the beginning of an extended interview. If you missed Grahame-Smith talking about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Dark Shadows and Unholy Night, click here. And here’s where he talked about the Beetlejuice Sequel.
Seth Grahame-Smith Time Index
- Author Seth Grahame-Smith talks about what it’s like to view WonderCon from the other side.
- 1:00 – Regarding what he looks for at WonderCon, Grahame-Smith is interested in first editions, especially those of Stephen King. He also talks about looking forward to fan interaction.
- 1:45 – Grahame-Smith admits that he’s too scared to ask people what they really think of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
- 2:50 – Grahame-Smith talks about the collaboration between himself, Tim Burton, Timur Bekmambetov and 20th Century Fox on the project.
- 4:20 – With regards to the process of filming Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Grahame-Smith says the movie “has gotten tighter…more visceral, more muscular” and should provide some good special features for the Blu-ray.
- 5:10 – Grahame-Smith reflects on the “friends and family” screenings and how the response has been.