The dramedy 50/50, directed by Jonathan Levine (The Wackness), is one of my favorite films of 2011. Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Anjelica Huston, the film is based on screenwriter Will Reiser’s real-life battle with cancer and focuses on the twists, turns, shock, sadness, and comedy he experienced along the way.
While at the Toronto Film Festival, I was able to speak with Rogen about the movie. We talked about balancing the humor with telling an honest and real story, was it tough to get made, karaoke, what’s the last video game he played, and the great reaction at TIFF. In addition, Rogen also gave me updates on the Green Hornet sequel, My Mother’s Curse, Neighborhood Watch, and he tells me that he’s going to direct Seth and Jay vs. the Apocalypse this February. Hit the jump to watch.
- The great reaction at the premiere at TIFF
- What’s his karaoke song
- What’s the last video game he’s played
- How hard was it for them to get the film made
- Balancing the humor with telling an honest and real story
- Will there be a Green Hornet sequel
- How was making My Mother’s Curse with Barbara Streisand
- Neighborhood Watch talk. Says they did a rewrite and they made it R rated
- Says in February they’re really going to make Seth and Jay vs. the Apocalypse. Rogen’s going to direct