With director Robert Schwentke’s Divergent sequel, Insurgent, opening last weekend, I recently sat down with Shailene Woodley for an exclusive interview. She talked about what it was like on the set of the sequel, deleted scenes, collaborating with Schwentke and bigger scope of the sequel, working with Oliver Stone on Snowden with Joseph Gordon-levitt, and more.
In The Divergent Series: Insurgent, the second in what will be a four-film adaptation of author Veronica Roth’s dystopian sci-fi series, the principal characters are on the run in the fringes of society and searching for answers after breaking open the world as they knew it. The film stars Theo James Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Naomi Watts, Octavia Spencer, Jai Courtney, Kate Winslet, Daniel Dae Kim, Maggie Q, Ray Stevenson, and Zoe Kravitz. For more on the film, watch the trailers.
Here’s Woodley followed by bullet points of what we talked about.
- What has the last year or two been like for her after winning the actors lottery?
- What was the energy like on the set of the sequel and was it different from the first film? She talks about everything felt bigger.
- Does she remember any deleted scenes?
- Collaborating with Robert Schwentke and the action scenes.
- Talks about working with Oliver Stone on Snowden.