Airing Sunday nights on WGN America is Salem, the network’s first venture into original programing. Staring Shane West, Janet Montgomery, Ashley Madekwe, Seth Gabel, Xander Berkeley, Iddo Goldberg, Tazmin Merchant and Elise Eberle, Salem travels back to 17th Century Colonial Massachusetts for an alternate look at one of the darkest chapters in American history, approaching the infamous era from the point of view that witches were not only real, but manipulating the gruesome events of the trials to their will. The second episode wasted no time delving deeper into the mythology of the show’s dark magic, and kept things definitively horror-centric with some absolutely off-the-wall witchy violence.
I recently had the opportunity to visit the set in Shreveport, Louisiana where the town of Salem has been meticulously reconstructed from the ground up. While I was there I sat down for an exclusive video interview with stars Shane West and Janet Montgomery. They talked about the characters they play in the show, if we can expect to see more romance between them, how the characters blur the lines between good and evil, having the opportunity to film on such extensive sets, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Shane West and Janet Montgomery:
- They talk about who they play in the show.
- Will we see more romance between their characters? Or is that relationship in the past?
- They talk about how none of the characters are the “good guy” or the “bad guy”.
- They talk about working in the amazing sets and how they grow as the season goes on.
- Is there a particular episode that they can’t wait for people to see?