With The Following showrunner Kevin Williamson leaving after last season to head up his new CBS series, Stalker, the show upped writers Brett Mahoney and Alexi Hawley to executive producers alongside director Marcos Siega, the series’ long-time on-set executive producer. While some shows suffer when a new leader takes control, The Following wrapped up the long running storyline of the first two seasons in the recent finale, which makes season three able to start anew. Of course the show will still be dealing with the ramifications of Joe Carroll (James Purefoy), but the new showrunners can take the keys knowing they can plot their own course.
Last weekend at New York Comic-Con, I was able to participate in a roundtable interview with Shawn Ashmore where he talked about The Following season 3. He discussed how the first episode will reveal the mysterious character in the last scene of season 2, if he likes to know the full arc before the season, his experiences with a new showrunner, his twin brother (who is also an actor), wanting Iceman to be part of X-Men: Apocalypse, and more. Hit the jump for what he said.
And click here if you missed my interview with Kevin Bacon at NYCC.
- Ashmore talks Mike’s season 3 character arc.
- 2:30 – We find out who the mystery character in the last scene of season 2 is in the first episode of season 3.
- 3:50 – How much he wants to know where his character arc is going.
- 6:00 – He hopes Iceman will be in Apocalypse but he hopes so.
- 6:40 – Talks about his experience with a new showrunner.
- 9:05 – What it’s like to have a twin brother who is also an actor.