While I did a lot of fun interviews at Comic-Con, what you’re about to watch might be my favorite. That’s because during my ten minute video interview with Nick Frost and Simon Pegg, not only did we discuss their great new movie The World’s End (read Matt’s review here), we geeked out over what they collect, future projects, how we first met nine years ago at Comic-Con (Pegg tells a great story about waiting in line for Carrie Fisher‘s autograph), and a lot more. Also, since Frost and Pegg have been best friends for so many years and are extremely funny, they have the ability to make every interview feel organic and in the moment, and their answers are always great.
Also, Pegg and Frost revealed they just spoke to Peter Jackson and they might be doing the Tintin sequel next year. Pegg also says he’s going to be back in Mission Impossible 5 (filming next year), he hopes they’ll be able to make the next Star Trek sequel in time for the 50th Anniversary, and talks about his problems with Zack Snyder‘s Man of Steel. Hit the jump to watch.
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost Time Index:
- It’s been nine years since they were here for Shaun of the Dead. They used to be able to walk around the Comic-Con floor without being recognized, but that has changed.
- 1:30 – Pegg collects My Little Ponies for his daughter. Frost likes action figures.
- 2:20 – Respond to the positive reaction to The World’s End.
- 3:40 – They try to create work that they would like because they figure that’s what the fans will like, too. Pegg apologizes for the delay between the UK release and the US release.
- 5:30 – Nostalgia for the 9-year anniversary when they met Steve.
- 6:00 – Peter Jackson says maybe they will do the Tintin sequel next year. They talk about other upcoming projects. Pegg says he’ll be back for M:I 5 next year. Joke about being in Star Wars and Ant-Man.
- 7:10 – Pegg hopes they can make the next Star Trek in time for the 50th anniversary.
- 8:00 – Pegg discusses his problems with Man of Steel.