New posters for some upcoming films have landed online. Briefly:
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For – The final Sin City: A Dame to Kill For poster for co-directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s sequel highlights the main cast, including Jessica Alba, Mickey Rourke, and Eva Green. The film opens August 22nd.
- Horns – An artful new poster for director Alexandre Aja’s supernatural thriller arrives a day after the film’s trailer debuted, giving us a look at Daniel Radcliffe as a man who grows a pair of horns on his head. The film opens on October 31st.
- The Equalizer – An IMAX poster for director Antoine Fuqua’s dramatic actioner previews what you’ll get when you see the film in IMAX: a giant Denzel Washington. The pic opens on September 26th.
- The One I Love – A fantastic debut poster for director Charlie McDowell’s unconventional romantic comedy starring Mark Duplass and Elizabeth Moss. The film opens on August 15th.
- The Zero Theorem – A new poster for director Terry Gilliam’s twisty sci-fi pic, starring Christoph Waltz and opening on September 19th.
Hit the jump to check out the posters and synopses for the aforementioned films.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Via Dimension Films.
Here’s the official synopsis for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For:
Co-directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller reunite to bring Miller’s visually stunning “Sin City” graphic novels back to the screen in SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR. Weaving together two of Miller’s classic stories with new tales, the town’s most hard boiled citizens cross paths with some of its more notorious inhabitants. SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR is the follow up to Rodriguez and Miller’s 2005 groundbreaking film, FRANK MILLER’S SIN CITY.
Here’s the official synopsis for Horns:
Blamed for the death of his longtime girlfriend (Temple), a small-town guy (Radcliffe) awakens one morning to find a pair of horns growing from his head in this supernatural thriller from horror ace Alexandre Aja (HAUTE TENSION, PIRANHA 3D).
Via Sony Pictures.
Here’s the official synopsis for The Equalizer:
In The Equalizer, Denzel Washington plays McCall, a former black ops commando who has faked his death to live a quiet life in Boston. When he comes out of his self-imposed retirement to rescue a young girl, Teri (Chloë Grace Moretz), he finds himself face to face with ultra-violent Russian gangsters. As he serves vengeance against those who brutalize the helpless, McCall’s desire for justice is reawakened. If someone has a problem, the odds are stacked against them, and they have nowhere else to turn, McCall will help. He is The Equalizer.
The One I Love
Via Mark Duplass’ Twitter.
Here’s the official synopsis for The One I Love:
On the brink of separation, Ethan and Sophie escape to a beautiful vacation house for a weekend getaway in an attempt to save their marriage. What begins as a romantic and fun retreat soon becomes surreal when an unexpected discovery forces the two to examine themselves, their relationship, and their future.
The Zero Theorem
Via IMP Awards.
Here’s the official synopsis for The Zero Theorem:
An eccentric and reclusive computer genius plagued with existential angst works on a mysterious project aimed at discovering the purpose of existence – or the lack thereof -once and for all. However, it is only once he experiences the power of love and desire that he is able to understand his very reason for being.