I’ll admit something…interviewing Ben Kingsley makes me nervous. While I’ve interviewed hundreds of people on Collider, when you get in front of Sir Ben, you realize very quickly that you’re in front of one of the best actors in the business, and his presence commands respect. So, as I said, I get nervous.
Okay, let me rewind a bit.
The reason I got to speak with Sir Ben twice this year is for his brilliant work in Jonathan Levine’s new film The Wackness. As I’ve said about a hundred times, it was my favorite film from this year’s Sundance Film Festival and it’s finally coming out in limited release this week.
And I know I sound like a broken record…but the film is GREAT. It’s something you need to seek out.
If you haven’t heard of the film yet…click here to read my intro and watch some clips. Hopefully my words will convince you to take a chance on something you may not have heard of.
And if you don’t believe my opinion on the film, go to any other website and search for a review. You’ll see the film is winning over critics and audiences alike, as the film keeps winning awards at almost every festival it plays in.
Anyway, let’s get to the reason you’re hear…
And with that…here’s the two leads of The Wackness.
- What he take away from Sundance this year
- Have people been talking to him about his performance
- What is it about switching of the genres as an actor that he likes
- We talk about his upcoming projects
- We talk about Shutter Island and working for Scorsese
- What did he take away from the Sundance experience
- True or not true: Sir Ben makes you watch Gandhi before coming on the set
- We talk about Sneakers – the movie
- What was it like working with Sir Ben
- Talking about the promotional push