Along with the promo posters for The Smurfs, Collider reader Tom also sent us some artwork for Sony’s upcoming Spider-Man reboot, the animated film Arthur Christmas, and Men in Black III. The Spider-Man in 3D logo is the same as the one we saw back in June. However, the promo image for Arthur Christmas shows that aliens will somehow be involved in this holiday feature. As for Men in Black III, the logo is the same as before except the Roman numeral in the middle is gone and it’s “MIB3“. That’s right: they’re going exponential this time out.
Hit the jump to check out the posters and learn more about each of these 3D films. The Spider-Man 3D reboot is due out on July 3, 2012; Arthur Christmas is slated for November 11, 2011, and Men in Black III is set for May 25, 2012.
Here’s what we know about the upcoming Spider-Man reboot:
- Andrew Garfield (Never Let Me Go) is playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
- Marc Webb ((500) Days of Summer) is directing.
- Mary Jane will not be the love interest.
- The budget is reportedly around $80 million.
- It will be set in high school.
- The movie will be “gritty, contemporary“.
Here’s what we know about Arthur Christmas:
- It’s from the geniuses at Aardman Animations (Wallace & Gromit).
- Barry Cook (Mulan) and Sarah Smith are directing.
- Smith co-wrote the script with Peter Baynham (Borat).
- According to Movie Jungle, Arthur Christmas is CGI (not stop-motion) and “apparently reveals Santa Claus’ high-tech operation.”
Here’s what we know about Men in Black III:
- Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are returning to star. Barry Sonnenfeld is returning to direct.
- Josh Brolin will play the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’ character, Agent K.
- Jemaine Clement is playing the villain, Yaz. An early draft of the script describes him as “a nightmare biker who looks like Dennis Hopper and Satan”.
- According to a report from July, the story has Yaz traveling back in time to kill K and Agent J has to go to 1969 and team up with a young K in order to stop Yaz from setting off a chain of events that will destroy the world in the future.