With Peter Jackson’s The Lovely Bones getting released around the country this weekend, it’s time to post the video interviews I got to do with Jackson and most of the cast. The reason I got to speak with everyone is our partners at Omelete were invited to the international press day and they sent me to cover it. So a big thank you to them for making this happen.
The Lovely Bones is based on the novel by Alice Sebold and it’s about a 14-year-old girl named Susie Salmon who is lured into a makeshift underground den in a cornfield and brutally raped and murdered, the latest victim of a serial killer–the man she knew as her neighbor. From heaven, Susie keeps watch over her grieving family and friends, as well as her brazen killer and the sad detective working on her case. The film stars Rachel Weisz, Mark Wahlberg, Susan Sarandon, Stanley Tucci, Michael Imperioli and Saoirse Ronan.
During my interview with Stanley Tucci we talked about his hesitation to take the role of a serial killer, working with Peter Jackson, filming on location, how does he decide to get involved in a project, and a bit on his next film Burlesque. Watch it out after the jump:
Finally, look for more Lovely Bones interviews everyday this week. And to watch some clips from The Lovely Bones, click here.
- When Peter Jackson approached him for the film, did he immediately say yes
- What is it about Peter Jackson that makes him such a great filmmaker
- What kind of filmmaker is Jackson on set
- How is he regarding how many takes he likes to do
- How quickly does he know when he wants to be involved in a project
- Filming in Penn and New Zealand and taking a 6 week break during filming
- Burlesque talk