We are less than two months away from the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. And while J.J. Abrams’ tendency to keep a lock and key on any details from emerging, in the past few days we’ve been exposed to plenty of new information. From the details of Lupita Nyong’o’s character to new information on Andy Serkis’ secret villain to Princess, er, General Leia, and even questions on the awards race strategy, it seems that as the cast and crew start making the rounds for publicity (not that the film needs it), we get a little more information on a film we don’t know all that much about. Now we can add another piece to the puzzle. Or at least to your desktop.
Disney has released a new IMAX poster. It depicts Daisy Ridley’s character Rey along with her droid companion BB-8. Check it out below via IMAX.
As has been the case with the marketing thus far, pretty classy stuff. Very reminiscent of the first films. And you gotta love the seeming interplay of Rey and BB-8 tossing a gaze at each other, ready to confront what’s in front of them. It’ll be interesting to see how that relationship plays out. I’ll admit that I wasn’t aware some scenes for the film were filmed with IMAX cameras, although that makes sense. It certainly makes seeing the film in IMAX that much more enticing, even if seeing it in 3D is not a priority. No matter what format you see it in, you can see Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 18th.
For more on the film, click here or on the links below:
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: J.J. Abrams and Mark Hamill on the Skywalker You’re Looking For
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Andy Serkis’ Villainous Character Details Unveiled
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Lupita Nyong’o Character Details Revealed
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Doesn’t Need Your Silly Awards Race
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Leia Doesn’t Go by “Princess” Anymore