Two more TV spots have been released for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, J.J. Abrams‘ take on the seventh chapter of the Star Wars mythology, and this brings us up to 13 spots that have been released for the film. In all honesty, there’s not a whole lot of new footage here, though some less recycled material featuring Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), and Finn (John Boyega) does highlight both spots for the sequel, both of which clock in at under a minute.
At this point, we’ve far surpassed the saturation point with these trailers, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a few more got slathered onto your TV screens in the next two weeks or so. One does have to wonder, however, what exactly the benefit is of cutting new spots for this movie is? Does any moviegoer not know this movie isn’t coming out on December 18th across the country and in a great deal of Europe? On the other hand, Disney’s gonna do what Disney’s gonna do, and the Mouse House has never had any issue with packing in the marketing materials until you’re sick of it, not unlike the minutes following Thanksgiving dinner when everyone is wishing they could subtract that last forkful of pie.
Check out the new (or new-ish, more like) TV spots for Star Wars: The Force Awakens below:
For more on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, peruse our recent links below.
- J. Abrams Teases a Luke Skywalker Reveal in New “Force for Change” Video
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Cast Takes Over Jimmy Kimmel Live
- ‘Star Wars’: Lawrence Kasdan Says ‘The Force Awakens’ “Tickles” Him; Reveals Origins of New Films
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Six New Empire Covers Profile Heroes and Villains
- ‘Star Wars’: Disney Chief Tries to Temper Box Office Expectations