With an official release date of December 18, 2015 now set, director J.J. Abrams and his Star Wars: Episode VII team are working towards a firm deadline with production set to get underway early next year. Just in case you thought Abrams and Co. were twiddling their thumbs, the Bad Robot twitter just unveiled a behind-the-scenes image of Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy posing with a rather familiar-looking robot in their workshop where pre-production on Episode VII is well underway. It’s a fun teaser image that may or may not confirm that R2-D2 will make an appearance in the Star Wars sequel.
Hit the jump to take a look at the image, and if you’d like to submit a video audition to be in the film, click here.
Via Bad Robot’s Twitter.
Get caught up with our latest Star Wars coverage here, or check out some recent articles below:
- Disney Accepting Video Auditions Nationwide for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Will Open in 3D on December 18, 2015
- J.J. Abrams Says He and Lawrence Kasdan Took Over STAR WARS Scripting Duties to “Meet Time Frame”
- Rumor: Chiwetel Ejiofor Might Be in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; J.J. Abrams Wants to Take Franchise Back to Grittier Roots
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Team Sought Delay to 2016; Disney Adamant about 2015 Release Date
- J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan Take Over Scripting Duties on STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
- These Four “Rules” Will Not Make STAR WARS Great Again
- Propaganda Poster and Official Synopsis for STAR WARS: REBELS; Rumored Working Titles for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
- Michael B. Jordan Confirms STAR WARS Audition; Harrison Ford Uncertain about Han Solo Reprisal but Game for More INDIANA JONES
- George Lucas Was Working on STAR WARS Sequel Trilogy Before Disney Acquisition; “Constantly Talking” to J.J. Abrams about Episode VII
- Saoirse Ronan Discusses the STAR WARS Audition Process; Says She Used a Lightsaber