And you thought that today would just have one quasi-major new bit of information on Star Wars? Ha! On the boots of the international trailer for J.J. Abrams‘ impossibly anticipated The Force Awakens comes the Japanese poster for the film, which features some familiar imagery but with one pretty obvious twist. See if you can spot it.
Check out the Korean poster for Star Wars 7 below:
That’s, of course, Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) at the front of the pack in the new poster, and frankly, it’s not entirely surprising that the disciple of Darth Vader would be the center of attention. He’s clearly the most fascinating character to debut thus far, and that’s on aesthetics alone, not even mentioning his complicated mythology and allegiance to the philosophies of Vader. And the fact that Driver, one of the great character actors to find a measure of fame over the last few years, plays the character speaks to both the importance of the role in this film and the new trilogy overall.
The arrival of the poster comes after a recent spat of character posters, featuring Hans Solo (Harrison Ford) amongst other characters, but these are honestly the kind of posters that Star Wars fans really go crazy over. The action of the film is essentially condensed into an imagistic cluster, giving off the feeling of the rushing, intermingling drama that will almost certainly go down in Abrams’ film. Don’t get too comfy, as another tidbit is likely only a few hours away from dropping, for all we know.
For more on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, peruse our recent links below:
- Terminally Ill Man Makes Dying Wish to See ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Character Posters Reveal the Cast
- ‘Star Wars’ Prequel Trilogy Trailer in the Style of ‘The Force Awakens’ Is Actually Kind of Great
- Movie Theaters Banning ‘Star Wars’ Masks and Lightsabers for ‘The Force Awakens’
- Disney Keeping ‘Star Wars’ Spoilers Under Wraps by Delaying Book Release
- Sweded ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Displays a Lot of Charm