In the middle of filming Star Wars: The Force Awakens, a door fell on Harrison Ford and broke his ankle, which put him out of commission for eight weeks. But last night on The Daily Show, director and co-writer J.J. Abrams revealed Ford wasn’t the only one who was injured that day. It turns out that Abrams broke his back trying to lift the door that fell on Ford (cut to 4:33):
Thankfully, both Abrams and Ford have fully healed from the injuries they incurred trying to take us to a galaxy far, far away, but hopefully Abrams learned that while it’s important for a director to show leadership, there are dozens and dozens of people on a blockbuster film set whose job is literally to lift things. The guy who looks like he’s a 100 pounds soaking wet doesn’t need to rush to Han Solo’s rescue.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens December 18th. Click here to catch up on all of our Star Wars: The Force Awakens coverage, or peruse the recent links below.
- 100 New Images from STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS
- New STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Images from Comic-Con Panel Presentation
- Hasbro Reveals STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS First Order TIE Fighter
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Gives C-3P0 a Red Arm
- John Williams Says STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Will Reference Earlier Themes
- Lawrence Kasdan Reveals How THE FORCE AWAKENS Will Differ from Other Blockbusters
- Daniel Craig’s Possible Cameo in STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Revealed
- Brad Bird Explains Why He Wanted to Direct STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
- George Lucas Talks About His Original STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Treatment
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS: J.J. Abrams Talks Cutting References to Original Trilogy
- New STAR WARS Picture Reveals Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS: Stunning Photos Offer New Character Reveals
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS: First Look at Adam Driver as Villain Kylo Ren