Theaters are competing to get your Star Wars: The Force Awakens dollars, and AMC Theaters thinks it has the edge by providing exclusive posters. The theater chain tweeted out the first exclusive poster it will have available for moviegoers who attend IMAX 3D Sunday showings between December 20th and January 10th:
— AMC Theatres (@AMCTheatres) October 20, 2015
As we previously reported, a new poster by artist Dan Mumford will be released each week, so presumably this will be the poster fans can get if they see an IMAX 3D showing on Sunday, December 20th.
However, I hope that it’s on high quality paper and something that truly feels collectible. IMAX 3D tickets are expensive, and if you want to go out of your way to see this movie in IMAX 3D four times, that could cost $80 just to get the set of these posters. This is a nice poster, but I’m not sure if it’s worth endeavoring to get the set. And keep in mind: people who are die-hard enough to get these posters aren’t waiting to see the film until the 20th. They’re going to go see it opening night and then pay to see it again on the 20th.
This, by the way, is how Disney ensures that you like The Force Awakens: by having you pay into it so much that to admit you dislike it would be to admit to foolish spending.
Click here more of our Star Wars content, or peruse our recent coverage provided at the links below:
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Analysis: Everything You Might Have Missed
- Watch: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Stars Freak out about New Trailer
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Over 50 New Images Reveal Daring Heroes, Imposing Villains
- Final ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Soars across the Galaxy
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Tickets Now on Sale!