Disney has released yet another trailer for J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which aired last night during ABC’s TGIT programming. While we still don’t know (and almost certainly won’t know) the specifics of the plot with about a month to go before the film hits theaters stateside, the latest trailer focuses largely on the relationship between the younger generation of warriors, though there’s a distinct lack of Oscar Isaac‘s Poe Dameron in this preview. Instead, you have a larger stress on Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn’s (John Boyega) relationship, essentially taking over for Leia (Carrie Fisher) and Han Solo (Harrison Ford). Meanwhile, the menacing and, um, forceful Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) looks to finish what Darth Vader started, promising that no one will stand in the way of the dark side this time around. Well, we’ll see about that, Kylo.
Here’s the latest trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens:
As I said before, there’s still quite a lot of this film’s plot that is completely shrouded in mystery, with the involvement of Mark Hamill‘s Luke Skywalker still very much unknown, despite Entertainment Weekly running a whole damn story on his role in the film. This is largely for the better, as its become all too simple to ruin the rush and thrill of major motion pictures by explaining the plot, nearly beat for beat, in modern trailers. And if there ever was a film that deserves to keep its secrets to itself until the day of release, its Star Wars: The Force Awakens; you’ll note that the film will not be screened for awards consideration to make sure that the film’s narrative remains an essential secret. It’s a smart, if just a bit cocky move from Disney, and for once in the studio’s long career, it seems borderline justified in this case.
For more on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, peruse our recent links below:
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ IMAX Poster Stares into Jakku’s Sun
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: J.J. Abrams and Mark Hamill on the Skywalker You’re Looking For
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Andy Serkis’ Villainous Character Details Unveiled
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Doesn’t Need Your Silly Awards Race
- Early ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Box Office Tracking Already Looking at Record-Shattering Weekend
- J.J. Abrams Makes the Best Case Yet for J.J. Abrams Directing ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’