I hope you had a happy Star Wars Day. This multi-billion dollar franchise that has defined generations never really gets the attention it deserves, but thankfully, “May the 4th” sounds like “May the Force”, and the rest is history. Before 2012, this “holiday” could only look back at the main films, but now it can look forward as the Star Wars sequels are underway. Although the main cast was announced last Friday, Star Wars: Episode VII director J.J Abrams and co-writer Lawrence Kasdan did have a brief message for the fans. Kasdan mentions that they’re still working on the script (don’t freak out; these are probably the kind of tweaks that happen for most major productions), and Abrams adds, “as casting announcements continue…” so it looks like we weren’t done with the casting news on this movie after all. Excuse me while I cut off my head with a lightsaber.
Hit the jump to check out the video. Star Wars: Episode VII opens December 18, 2015.
For more of our recent Star Wars coverage, click on the links below:
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Needs You to Be an Extra! Casting Call Looking for Eye-Catching Looks and Salty Sea Dogs; Principal Photography Starts May 14
- Full Trailer for New Animated Series STAR WARS: REBELS
- STAR WARS and NASA Wish You a “Happy Star Wars Day!” with a “May the 4th” Video … from Space!
- Four New Images from STAR WARS REBELS
- Exclusive STAR WARS Posters for “May the 4th” from Acme Archives Featuring Work from Timothy Anderson, Steve Thomas & Amy Mebberson