As you may have heard, shooting for Star Wars: Episode VII is underway in the UK. An unfortunate event occurred on set today. Harrison Ford reportedly broke his ankle and was transferred to a local hospital. A source told THR that the injury was caused by the door of the Millennium Falcon. We do not know much about the plot (there are enough rumors), but Ford is said to have a “gigantic role” in the sequel. Disney released a statement to say shooting will continue as Ford recuperates in the hospital.
Hit the jump for the full statement from Disney.
Here is Disney’s full statement [via THR]:
“Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates.”
Get well soon, Mr. Ford.
Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, and Daisy Ridley star in Star Wars: Episode VII. The highly anticipated sequel directed by J.J. Abrams is scheduled for release December 18, 2015.
Click here for all our Star Wars coverage or browse recent articles below:
- Scrapped STAR WARS: UNDERWORLD Live-Action Series Would Have Featured Young Han Solo, Lando, and More
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Rumors: There Will Be a Female Villain; John Boyega’s Character Isn’t a Jedi or a Padawan
- CHRONICLE Director Josh Trank to Helm STAR WARS Spinoff Film
- STAR WARS Spinoff to Be Directed by GODZILLA Helmer Gareth Edwards; December 16, 2016 Release Set
- First Set Photos of the Millennium Falcon from STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Cast Announced; Includes John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Adam Driver, and More; First Photo Released