Those darn limeys don’t observe Labor Day, and it’s for the best since they’ve got some new Star Wars: Episode VII casting. According to the BBC, Miltos Yerolemou, who played swordsman Syrio Forel on Game of Thrones, has joined the upcoming Star Wars sequel in an undisclosed role, although it will probably be a minor one. Yerolemou is probably best known to American audiences for his performance on Game of Thrones, but he’s also played other roles that involve sword fighting, so don’t be surprised if you see him wielding a lightsaber.
Yeromelou is the second Game of Thrones alum to join Episode VII following the casting of Gwendoline Christie back in June, although Lucasfilm declined to comment on his casting. In case you’ve never seen Yerolemou on Game of Thrones or just want a refresher, hit the jump. Star Wars: Episode VII opens December 18, 2015, and also stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Lupita Nyong’o, and Max von Sydow.
For more of our recent Star Wars: Episode VII coverage, click on the following links:
- Rumor: STAR WARS Sequels to “Redefine Longform Storytelling”; Will Integrate Cartoons, Books, Comics
- Adam Driver Highlights the Importance of Keeping STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Grounded
- Rian Johnson Talks STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII; Praises the Use of Practical Effects on EPISODE VII
- Rumor: Han Solo’s STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Costumes Revealed; More Details on His New Ship
- Rumor: STAR WARS EPISODE 7 Villains Revealed, Will Some Old Faces Pop Up?
- Rumor: Are These the New STAR WARS EPISODE VII Stormtrooper Helmets?
- Daisy Ridley’s STAR WARS Role May Span All Three Films
- Has the STAR WARS EPISODE VII Story Been Revealed?
- STAR WARS EPISODE 7 Confirmed Shooting in IMAX, J.J. Abrams Tweets Pic From Set