Now that most of the Star Wars: Episode VII cast has been announced, we can turn our attention to other speculative pursuits like trying to guess the film’s title. The title doesn’t really matter in the sense of whether or not it will steer people to see the movie. You could call the film Star Wars: Episode VII – Dead Puppies, and people would still flock to see it. I doubt that will be the title (probably wouldn’t test well), but for right now all we can really hope for is a working title, and keep our eye on the horizon for the real one.
Hit the jump for what the Star Wars: Episode VII working title might be and how it could relate to the story. The film opens December 18, 2015, and stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow.
According to AICN, the working title for Star Wars: Episode VII is “The Ancient Fear“, and it refers to Max von Sydow’s character, a villain “who makes Pazuzu [the demon from The Exorcist] look like a pussy!” You heard it folks: this is a character who’s even worse than a demon that took possession of a small child and made her do unspeakable things with a crucifix.
For more of our recent Star Wars coverage, click on the links below:
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Needs You to Be an Extra! Casting Call Looking for Eye-Catching Looks and Salty Sea Dogs; Principal Photography Starts May 14
- Full Trailer for New Animated Series STAR WARS: REBELS
- STAR WARS and NASA Wish You a “Happy Star Wars Day!” with a “May the 4th” Video … from Space!
- Four New Images from STAR WARS REBELS
- Exclusive STAR WARS Posters for “May the 4th” from Acme Archives Featuring Work from Timothy Anderson, Steve Thomas & Amy Mebberson