We learned this week that much of the Star Wars: Episode VII cast is set. However, we are not privy to that information, so we subsist on rumors. There is now speculation that Maisie Richardson-Sellers is up for a key role as part of an extended casting search in London. Star Wars: Episode VII would be the first feature credit for Richardson-Sellers, an Oxford-trained actress. Heat Vision suggests the role of “a young black or mixed-race woman who may be a descendent of Jedi Knight Ben Kenobi” is a good fit. But Disney declined to comment and sources say Richardson-Sellers has not yet been offered the role.
J.J. Abrams is gearing up for principal photography in May (preliminary filming is already underway), so all will be revealed soon enough. Star Wars: Episode VII opens December 18, 2015. More after the jump.
Here’s what we know:
- The story picks up 30 years after Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
- Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Peter Mayhew will return. R2D2 will make an appearance, too.
- Adam Driver will likely play a villain.
- Location shooting might begin on May 14 in Morocco, suggesting a return to Tatooine.
- The production may may visit Iceland, which could stand in for Hoth.
Click here for all our Star Wars coverage or see a few recent casting rumors below:
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Casting News: Oscar-Winning Actress Lupita Nyong’o Meets with J.J. Abrams for Undisclosed Role
- Shortlist for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Lead Includes John Boyega, Ed Speleers, and Jesse Plemons; Plus, Character Details Emerge
- Gary Oldman and Zac Efron Say They’ve Had Meetings for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
- UNBROKEN Star Jack O’Connell Rumored for “Key Role” in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
- Rumor: Chewitel Ejiofor Might Be in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; J.J. Abrams Wants to Take Franchise Back to Grittier Roots