In THIS household, any time John Williams‘ releases new Star Wars music it is an event. Well, buckle up, ya nerf herders — Disney has released the composers’ full theme for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the much-anticipated theme park opening soon in a galaxy far, far away. (See: Florida and Los Angeles.)
Like most everything Williams creates, this thing is gonna’ make you want to like, sail shirtless through a maelstrom swingin’ a lightsaber around your head so be careful where you hit play. The Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge “Symphony Suite” will reportedly be what attendees hear as they walk into the park, but there will also be more snippets of new John Williams music throughout the attraction.
Galaxy’s Edge is set at a trading port called Black Spire Outpost on the outer-rim planet Batuu. The land is designed to be an all-in immersive experience similar to Universal’s various Harry Potter parks, centered around two massive rides: “Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run,” which takes you aboard Han Solo’s iconic hunka junk light freighter, and “Rise of the Resistance”, an interactive feature that pits you against Kylo Ren and the First Order. (There’s also going to be a cantina with actual booze, for all you scum and villainy out there.)
Check out the full “Galaxy’s Edge Symphonic Suite” below. Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland on May 31st and at Walt Disney World on August 29th. Williams is currently working on the score for Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker, which debuts December 20.
For more on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, make sure to check out the links below:
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge: Everything We Learned About Batuu and Black Spire Outpost
- ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’: See What Awaits You in the Disney Theme Parks
- First Look at the ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ Rides ‘Smuggler’s Run’ and ‘Rise of the Resistance’
- Disney’s ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ Attraction Adds Oga’s Cantina; There Will Be Booze
- Over 25 New Things to Know about ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’, Disney’s Upcoming Attraction