Our Force Friday coverage continues with a Hot Wheels opportunity. In conjunction with Uber, Hot Wheels offered free rides in Manhattan today in special Stormtrooper cars. Uber users were able to open up the app, select the “Hot Wheels” tab and a Dodge Charger Hellcat designed to look just like the Hot Wheels 1:64 First Order Stormtrooper character car would come by to pick you up.
I had the chance to take one for a quick spin this afternoon and between the fact that the car looked just like a Stormtrooper and it was a Hellcat, I certainly noticed it was getting a good deal of attention. Hopefully they bring these babies back out again leading up to the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. (For New York Comic-Con, perhaps?) Check out my photos of the Stormtrooper car and some of the new Star Wars Hot Wheels products including the Kylo Ren character car below:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens arrives in theaters on December 18th and stars John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Gwendoline Christie, Domhnall Gleeson, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Peter Mahyew, Andy Serkis, Lupita Nyong’o, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker and Max von Sydow.
If you’re looking for even more Star Wars toy coverage, check out the recent links below:
- Watch Fans Score First ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Toys at Midnight in Times Square
- LEGO ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Sets Revealed
- Watch: Stormtroopers Unveil ‘Star Wars’ Toys with a Dance in Times Square
- Here Are All the New ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Toys
- ‘Star Wars': Roll Aside, R2-D2. New Remote-Controlled BB-8 Toys Are Here to Play