Synergy doesn’t always have to be a dirty word. Sure, most often it coincides with cash-grabby commercialism or brand-ruining cross-promotions, but every once in a while, something good can come from the combination of two very different brands. It’s no secret that Disney owns nearly every lucrative franchise on the face of the planet, and they’ve finally created the Pixar/Star Wars crossover that fans have been waiting for—and it’s good!
In anticipation of the Blu-ray release of Pixar’s excellent Inside Out, the studio has put together a video in which the emotions from Inside Out watch and react to the latest Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer. This is a perfect marriage of two wildly different pieces of material—Star Wars has evoked an incredibly emotional reaction from fans since the beginning of its marketing campaign, and this latest (final?) trailer is no different. So how better to address that emotion than having the anthropomorphic characters of Joy, Fear, Disgust, Anger, and Sadness react appropriately to the new trailer?
What’s more, this isn’t some shoddily cut-together video that some fan had to do on his or her own time. Disney and Pixar actually had this professionally edited, which makes all the difference. So sit back and enjoy the fruits of this union. How long before Pixar gets on the Marvel train?
For more on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, peruse some of our recent links below:
- Every ‘Star Wars’ Teaser and Trailer Ranked from Worst to Best
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Supercut Presents All the Official Footage So Far
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Needs No Words in This Music-Only Trailer Edit [Updated]
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Analysis: Everything You Might Have Missed
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Over 50 Trailer Images Reveal Daring Heroes, Imposing Villains