In a weird bit of déjà vu considering the changes that were made to the original trilogy, Star Wars Rebels has decided to amend its introductory film Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion by adding a Darth Vader scene (complete with voice work by James Earl Jones) to the film. This new version of Spark of Rebellion will air on ABC on October 25th at 7PM ET/PT.
Meanwhile, the official Star Wars Rebels series premieres on Disney XD October 13th and features the voices of Freddie Prinze Jr., David Oyelowo, Jason Isaacs, Vanessa Marshall, Steve Blum, and Tiya Sircar. Hit the jump for more on Darth Vader in Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion.
“We wanted to do something special for the ABC broadcast. We’ve added a scene which gives audiences insight into the Inquisitor and includes a cameo by Darth Vader voiced by the distinguished actor James Earl Jones.”
In no way is this designed to make you watch the movie again lol. Still, I have to applaud Disney’s game on this one. They know how to get the most out of their IP. Will you tune in to watch the new version of the film? Or are you good without it?
Check out some other recent Star Wars Rebels coverage below:
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Elements Could Pop Up in STAR WARS REBELS; Daisy Ridley’s Costume Revealed?
- STAR WARS REBELS Debuts New Clips and Trailer at Comic-Con
- STAR WARS REBELS Extended Trailer
- New STAR WARS REBELS Featurette Takes a Look at the Inquisitor and Voice Actor Jason Isaacs
- Writer-Producer Simon Kinberg Talks STAR WARS REBELS, His Duties on the Show, and the Thrill of Writing for Original Trilogy Characters
- Four New Images from STAR WARS REBELS; Trailer to Be Released on May 4th