There isn’t much talk about home video releases anymore these days, and there are plenty of good reasons for that. Most people rightly get their movies from iTunes or Amazon Prime these days, cutting down hugely on the amount of physical waste that comes with a Blu-ray case. Despite this, I remain a bit of a die-hard for the physical media; few things get me more excited than a Criterion Collection Blu-ray flash sale. But regardless of your taste, the fact that Star Wars: The Force Awakens is coming out on Blu-ray on April 5th is probably one of the rare bits of home video news that matters outside of a dedicated contingency of collectors and cinephiles.
The movie itself is the big prize but the Blu-ray package includes a large sampling of supplementary features for dedicated Star Wars fans, including an extensive documentary on the making of the film, for which a few teasers have already been released, and deleted scenes. We’ve seen glimpses of the deleted scenes in images and descriptions, but now we have a decent look at a few of the scenes via a teaser promo video that was released on the Star Wars YouTube page. The most intriguing imagery in the short video is the sight of Adam Driver‘s Kylo Ren walking around inside a grounded Millennium Falcon, which brings to mind a host of ideas about legacy and personal history that the film sadly didn’t get the chance to fully plumb. We shall see how it all plays out when the Blu-ray is released in a few weeks.
Check out the short video right below:
Be sure to check out the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray early this April. For more on Star Wars, take a look at our recent stories below:
- Harrison Ford on Han Solo’s Fate in ‘The Force Awakens’: “I Finally Wore Them Down”
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Lupita Nyong’o Shares New Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Elijah Wood Recounts His Visit to the Set of ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
- Jedi Council: Han Solo Shortlist; Will There Be a Funeral in ‘Episode VIII’?
- Movie Talk: Young Han Solo Down to 3 Actors; First ‘Ben Hur’ Trailer
- ‘Star Wars’ Casting Search for Young Han Solo Narrows to Final Contenders