Back in May when Star Wars: The Force Awakens started filming, director J.J. Abrams announced the “Force for Change” campaign, which invited fans to donate to support UNICEF in exchange for prizes and even a chance to have a cameo in the movie. The winner of the cameo was announced in August, but even if you didn’t win, you still helped raised over $5 million dollars to support UNICEF programs. And for that, Abrams, producer Kathleen Kennedy, crew members, R2-D2, and Chewbacca say “Thank you.” I suppose C-3P0 was off somewhere being an ungrateful jerk, whining about something or other. Fucking Threepio.
Hit the jump to check out the Star Wars: The Force Awakens thank you video. The film opens December 18, 2015, and stars John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, Crystal Clarke, Pip Andersen, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker.
For more on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, click on the links below, or here for all of our coverage.
- Rumor: New STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Character Name Revealed; Is Gwendoline Christie Playing “Captain Phasma?”
- Disney’s STAR WARS Attractions to Be Based on New Sequels and Spinoffs, Not the Older Films
- George Lucas Further Estranges Himself from Fans; Says He Hasn’t Seen the STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer
- Watch: SNL Takes on the STAR WARS Trailer with Elderly Han, Luke, and Leia
- “Original STAR WARS Fan” Stephen Colbert Explains to Ignorant Padawans How the New Lightsaber in THE FORCE AWAKENS Works
- Rumor: Andy Serkis Playing More than One Character in STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS?