So who bought a ticket to a movie screening this Friday just to catch the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer? Well, it turns out that the 88-second piece won’t be exclusive to theaters. The teaser will also arrive on iTunes on Friday as well. But on the bright side, if you did already buy a ticket then you’ll be one of the first to see it on the big screen!
Hit the jump for more on the forthcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer. The full feature is due in theaters on December 18, 2015 and stars John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Harrison Ford, Adam Driver, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Lupita Nyong’o, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Andy Serkis, Gwendoline Christie and many more.
The idea of the trailer hitting theaters before arriving online did seem like a fun, different strategy, but sadly there’s a good chance the whole operation would have blown up in Disney’s face when the piece popped up on YouTube shortly after the first screening. Regardless, there’s something a bit suspect about this official announcement coming from the Star Wars Twitter account after previous reports likely already compelled many to purchase Big Hero 6 tickets.
— Star Wars (@starwars) November 26, 2014
But again, the piece will probably be a completely different experience on the big screen, so if you’re still interested in catching the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer in that format, click here to find out where you can see it. And if you’re looking for even more Episode VII news, you can click here or browse these recent links:
- Full Theater List Released for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer; Will Show in 30 Theaters across North America
- Rumored STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer Description
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Officially Titled STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS
- See the Note Sent to STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Cast and Crew on Their Last Day
- J.J. Abrams Shot One Sequence in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII in IMAX
- Franchise Veteran Warwick Davis Will Return for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII