At WonderCon, Fox unveiled a 3 minute sizzle reel from their upcoming time travel and dinosaur filled TV series Terra Nova. While the show has been delayed until the fall, after watching the footage, I understand why. Not only does the show take place 85 million years in the past, it also takes place a hundred years in the future. Nothing is present day. It’s without a doubt one of the most ambitious ideas for network television to ever be greenlit and I couldn’t be more excited. For all our previous coverage on Terra Nova including trailers and images, click here.
Before the panel, I got to talk with Stephen Lang. We discussed who he plays, why he wanted to get involved in the project, when do they start to film again, how did Avatar help him with this role, has he seen Conan, and reveals Terra Nova will have a 9 day shooting schedule (which is huge for a TV show). Hit the jump to watch.
- How are things going on Terra Nova
- Says they start filming again next month
- What was the immediate attraction of the project and role
- 1:30 – Talks about his character
- 1:42 – Has he seen the pilot
- 1:55 – How did Avatar help him with this role
- 2:50 – Talks about the shooting schedule of the show (it’s going to be a 9 day shoot which is a huge number for a TV show)
- 3:15 – Does he know the future storylines
- 3:30 – Has he seen Conan yet?
- 4:00 – What else did he shoot before Terra Nova