Paramount has a new R rated comedy arriving on February 1st and it’s called “Strange Wilderness.” The premise is that an animal enthusiast (Steve Zahn) and his sidekick (Allen Covert) host an ailing wildlife TV show that’s called “Strange Wilderness.” The show is in a steep ratings declineso they hatch a scheme to find the one animal that could truly turn the show around and change the nature show landscape forever – Bigfoot.
The film also marks the directorial debut of former “Saturday Night Live” writer Fred Wolf with a screenplay by Wolf and Peter Gaulke.
Anyway, some of the cast was recently at the Los Angeles Zoo to answer some questions and talk about the film. A lot of websites got to submit questions for the actors to answer, and Collider was one of them. So the first three questions were the ones thatI submitted, and the rest are generics that the studio had them answer.
As always, I listed all the questions that were discussed. And remember, “Strange Wilderness” opens on February 1st.
Steve Zahn, Ashley Scott, Allen Covert and Peter Dante Video Interview
- How great is it to work on a comedy when you know it’ll be rated R in advance
- What is the dirtiest thing someone said while filming?
- Who is the worst at keeping a straight face when someone says something funny?
- What was your favorite part of making this movie?
- If you could really have your own animal discovery show, what would it be called?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever been bitten by?
- If you were stranded in the wilderness, what one item would you be glad you brought?
- What do you hope moviegoers will be saying to themselves as they walk out of the theater after seeing Strange Wilderness?