It’s almost time! Stranger Things Season 2 finally drops on Netflix tomorrow and before we dive into the cinematic references that are sure to be jam-packed in the nostalgic horror fantasy, let’s look back on the influences touted during the marketing campaign. Over the last few months, the Stranger Things team debuted a series of throwback posters designed to conjure the iconography from the genre classics of yore and with the series debut just around the corner, we’re making it easy to flip through the art (and get a glimpse at what references you should probably keep an eye out for).
Stranger Things Season 2 stars returning castmembers Milly Bobby Brown, Winona Ryder, Finn Wolfhard, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Charlie Heaton, Noah Schnapp, and David Harbour, alongisde newcomers Dacre Montgomery and Sadie Sink, and the delightfully self-referential addition, Sean Astin. Created by Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer, the series returns to Netflix on October 27th.
For more Stranger Things content to get you hypes for the premiere, check out our recent coverage in the links below and be sure to stay tuned:
- Netflix to Launch ‘Stranger Things’ Aftershow, ‘Beyond Stranger Things’
- ‘Stranger Things Season 2’ Cast on Easter Eggs and Working with the Duffer Brothers
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 2: Return to the Upside Down with Our Spoiler-Free Video Review
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 2 Review: Recapturing the Magic
- The Best Horror TV Shows of the 21st Century, So Far
So without further ado, check out all of the Stranger Things Season 2 posters (and the classic movie art that influenced them below).