Unofficial Suicide Squad week continues with a pair of new Empire Magazine covers to compliment the previous ones that were released. We’ve already seen Jared Leto’s Joker and Cara Delevigne’s Enchantress front and center, and now it’s time to get a closer look at Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn and Will Smith’s Deadshot in Warner Bros.’ bold follow-up to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Written and directed by David Ayer (Fury), the film follows a group of imprisoned DC Comics villains who are contracted by the government to set out on highly dangerous missions in exchange for commuted sentences. Viola Davis plays their government liason, Amanda Waller, and the titular Suicide Squad is made up of Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Rick Flagg (Joel Kinnaman), Killer Croc (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje), and Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney), as well as Katana (Karen Fukuhara), Slipknot (Adam Beach), and El Diablo (Jay Hernandez). It’s as yet unclear how Enchantress and Joker fit into the film’s proceedings, but one can surmise that one of both of them is the reason the Suicide Squad is let out of prison in the first place, and that a fairly violent hunt may or may not ensue.
For now, though, take a gander at these new Empire covers below. Suicide Squad is slated to open in theaters nationwide on August 5, 2016, so we’ve still got a ways to go.
For more on Suicide Squad, peruse our recent links below.
- ‘Suicide Squad’: Cara Delevigne Stuns as Enchantress in New Image
- Will Smith on ‘Suicide Squad’s Love Triangle between Deadshot, Harley Quinn, and Joker
- New ‘Suicide Squad’ Images Reveal Dark and Gritty Harley, Enchantress, and More
- Jared Leto Breaks His Silence on Playing The Joker in ‘Suicide Squad’
- ‘Suicide Squad’: Joker Revealed in Full, Colorful Costume on Empire Cover