Jared Leto’s got a face only his legions of fan can love, at least until he goes full-on Joker for David Ayer’s Suicide Squad. Apparently, when Leto’s channeling the Clown Prince of Crime, it’s such an intense performance that even his co-stars are wary of approaching him. At least that’s what Scott Eastwood said in a recent video interview about DC’s anti-hero team-up movie.
In an interview with E!, Eastwood also had a fair bit to say about Ayer’s directing style, saying the director “is doing something the world will be really surprised about.” He also commented on the amount of stuntwork done on set and the physical demands of the shoot. And while we don’t know just what specific role he’ll be playing in the film, we do know that he’s part of a military team. It’s safe to say he’s probably in good hands with Ayer.
As for being creeped out by Leto’s Joker, I really can’t blame him. I’m hoping the performance brings something we haven’t seen from either Jack Nicholson or the late Heath Ledger so that another facet of the fan-favorite villain is brought to life.
Also starring Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Killer Croc, Will Smith as Deadshot, Jai Courney as Captain Boomerang, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, as well as Jim Parrack, Adam Beach, and Ike Barinholtz, Suicide Squad opens August 5th 2016.
Be sure to check out more of our Suicide Squad coverage below:
- SUICIDE SQUAD: David Ayer Promises Movie Hasn’t Been Spoiled by Set Photos
- SUICIDE SQUAD Set Videos and Photos Reveal Batman in Action and Mysterious Creatures
- SUICIDE SQUAD Set Videos Reveal a Very Familiar Vehicle Pursuing The Joker
- SUICIDE SQUAD Set Photos Show Joker and Harley Quinn’s Twisted Relationship
- SUICIDE SQUAD Behind the Scenes Footage: David Ayer Says He’s Creating a Family