Though David Ayer’s Suicide Squad doesn’t hit theaters until August 5th, there’s a good chance you’ve missed a few things in the recently released trailer for the anti-hero team-up film. With that in mind, the folks over at DC Entertainment have posted an extended version of this trailer that goes into the comic book history behind each character and even points out a few characters you could easily miss if you blink. It’s not exhaustive, but there’s something here for newcomers and seasoned comic book fans alike. There will certainly be differences of opinion over how well the film brings these comic-book villains to life, so feel free to share your own thoughts in the comments section below.
Suicide Squad, starring Jai Courtney as Boomerang, Karen Fukuhara as Katana, Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje as Killer Croc, Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jared Leto as Joker, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag, Jay Hernandez as Diablo, Adam Beach as Slipknot, and Cara Delevingne as Enchantress opens August 5th.
Watch the Suicide Squad trailer again, now with expert commentary from DC Entertainment folks:
You’ve seen the trailer, now go deeper with DC All Access in our exclusive Suicide Squad trailer breakdown. Learn the comic book backstories behind the “Worst Heroes Ever” and discover potentially key moments hidden within the cuts.
For more of our coverage on Suicide Squad, take a look at some recent news items below:
- DC Collectibles Brings the Crazy with Its ‘Suicide Squad’ Lineup
- ‘Suicide Squad’: Over 80 New Images from the Trailer Reveal More of the Insanity
- First Official ‘Suicide Squad’ Trailer Lets the Villains Out to Play
- ‘Suicide Squad’: Jared Leto’s Ambitious Joker Performance Teased by David Ayer, Zack Snyder
- ‘Suicide Squad’: The Gang’s All Here in The Latest Teaser Poster
- First ‘Suicide Squad’ Posters Reveal “Worst Heroes Ever”