Suicide Squad is now finally hitting theaters, and the Collider Movie Talk crew is weighing in with their thoughts on writer/director David Ayer’s DC Comics Adaptation. The Warner Bros. film marks the third officially entry in the DC Extended Universe, following Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and it switches gears by focusing on the villains for a change. Deadshot (Will Smith), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), El Diablo (Jay Hernandez) and more are enlisted by one Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) to help thwart a metahuman threat in exchange for commuted sentences.
The film has garnered some not-so-hot reviews from critics, and now it’s time for Kristian Harloff, Jon Schnepp, Mark Ellis, Dennis Tzeng, and John Campea to weigh in with their thoughts as part of the Collider Video crew. This is a non-spoilers video review, so if you haven’t seen the movie, you don’t have to be afraid of major plot points being ruined. The spoilers video review will be online within the next few days.
So what did they think? Did Suicide Squad meet the high expectations set by its marketing campaign? Is it better than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? Find out by watching the near-30-minute video review above, and check back for many more Suicide Squad goodies over the next for days.
To catch up on our most recent coverage, peruse the links below.
- August Box Office Predictions: Can ‘Suicide Squad’ Ignite the DC Extended Universe?
- Jared Leto Says There’s “A Lot” of Joker Deleted Scenes; David Ayer Talks Tough Editing Process
- Watch: ‘Suicide Squad’ Cast and Director on Bringing Humor, Diversity, and Humanity to the Mayhem
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Review: Rotten to the Core
- Petition Demands Rotten Tomatoes Be Shut Down over Negative DC Films Reviews