The highly anticipated Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is now finally playing in theaters everywhere, and last week I got the chance to sit down and talk with one of the film’s producers, Deborah Snyder. Since Snyder is one of the key people involved in the interconnected DC Expanded Universe, I decided to ask her about the superhero genre as a whole and whether there’s a fear of genre fatigue from audiences. Additionally, since VR technology is quickly becoming a new and innovative way to tell stories, we talked about the future of the technology and Snyder teased that they’re developing a VR for the next DC Expanded Universe film, Suicide Squad, later this year.
Check out the interview below, and click here to tell us what you thought of the movie. The film stars Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot, Holly Hunter, Jeremy Irons, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, and Scoot McNairy and is now playing in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D everywhere.
If you missed some of my previous conversations with Snyder, Zack Snyder, and some of the cast of Batman v Superman, click on the links below.
- Producer Charles Roven on ‘Batman v Superman’, ‘Wonder Woman’ and Test Screenings
- Exclusive: Zack Snyder Reveals ‘Batman v Superman’ Deleted Scenes Included on the R-Rated “Ultimate Edition”
- Diane Lane on ‘Batman v Superman’ and Being Part of Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’
- Laurence Fishburne on ‘Batman v Superman’, ‘John Wick: Chapter Two’, and ‘Hannibal’
- Deborah Snyder on ‘Suicide Squad’, ‘Wonder Woman’, and the Rest of the DC Slate
- These Two Batman Villains Came Close to Being in ‘Batman v Superman’