Normally I cover Friday and Saturday ratings as well in a weekend TV ratings roundup, but honestly, those nights were dead, and the more exciting stuff was all on Sunday. So without further ado:
- There were quite a few premieres and returns on Sunday, so let’s kick off with the newbies. At 9 p.m., the Fox comedy The Last Man on Earth (read my glowing review here) premiered to a very strong 2.3 rating, and 5.7 million viewers, improbably winning its timeslot, and helping Fox win the night in the key 18-49 demo (CBS won with total viewers).
- At 9:30 p.m., The Last Man on Earth held its viewership for the second half hour of its premiere, scoring a steady 2.3 and 5.67 million viewers.
- Also at 9 p.m., the premiere of Secrets & Lies (read my tepid review here) on ABC had a very, very quiet start, with a 1.5 rating and 5.83 million viewers. But, it did hold on to those viewers throughout its two-hour premiere, which is encouraging news for ABC.
- CBS’s Battle Creek, which is touted as being a Vince Gilligan project (except it’s really not, per my review), had an alarmingly low premiere at 10 p.m., scoring a 1 rating, though notching 7.81 million viewers.
- CBS’s best series, The Good Wife, returned from its hiatus at 9 p.m. with a series low 1.1 rating, but 8.92 million viewers.
- Once Upon a Time was also back from its hiatus at 8 p.m. on ABC, and brought in a 2.2 rating and 6.55 million viewers.