While at WonderCon over the weekend in downtown Los Angeles, I got the chance to talk with Supergirl executive producer and co-creator Ali Adler. During the interview she talked about how they adjusted the show as the season progressed, tonight’s Supergirl/Flash crossover episode titled “World’s Finest”, the rest of the first season, how they’re able to craft the great visual effects, and more.
If you’re not familiar with Supergirl, Melissa Benoist stars as Kara Zor-El, Superman’s cousin, who is discovering her burgeoning superhero skills while maintaining her civilian identity as an assistant to media mogul Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart). The show comes from the creative team behind The CW’s mini superhero-verse (Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg executive produce). The series also stars Mechad Brooks, David Harewood, and Chyler Leigh.
- How have they adjusted as the first season has progressed?
- Does she imagine certain characters leaving the show and not being forced to stay just because you have an actor under contract?
- She talks about Supergirl/Flash crossover episode.
- What can she tease about the rest of the season?
- What goes into the VFX on the show and how if they do a lot one episode they might not be able to do so much the next one.