As I mentioned a few days ago, Collider partnered up with LA-based special events group A-List Communications and sponsor Foster Grant Sunglasses to bring an exclusive “Supper Suite” pop-up to Austin during the first weekend of the sprawling film, music and interactive festival in Austin, Texas.
For three days from March 9-11, 2018, The “Supper Suite” has taken over Austin lounge Basecamp, located at 120 West. 5th Street and hosted cast cocktail receptions for six official SXSW film selections: American Animals, Support the Girls, Sadie, Outside In, The Unicorn, and You Can Choose Your Own Family.
Since these are private parties, I promised to share plenty of pictures and info from the party and up next is Support the Girls. If you’re not familiar with the film, it’s about a restaurant manager tries to raise money to help one of her employees, but when the owner finds out he does whatever he can to shut the fundraiser down.
Here’s how SXSW describes the film:
Lisa Conroy is the last person you’d expect to find in a highway-side “sports bar with curves,”–but as general manager at Double Whammies, she’s come to love the place and its customers. An incurable den mother, she nurtures and protects her girls fiercely–but over the course of one trying day, her optimism is battered from every direction…Double Whammies sells a big, weird American fantasy, but what happens when reality pokes a bunch of holes in it?
Check out a ton of pics from the party and a few highlights below.
- The premiere party was partnered with the charity “I Support The Girls” http://isupportthegirls.org which distributes donations of new/used bras and new sealed packages of tampons and maxi pads to homeless women and girls across North America.
- As such, branded donation boxes were set up at the red carpet which were filled to the brim with donations of bras and tampons by the end of the party.
- The Cast all supported the cause by doing fun poses with bras on the red carpet and Haley Lu Richardson had one on her head too.
- Haley Lu attended with boyfriend (actor) Brett Drier and were publicly affectionate at the party (see pics kissing on red carpet) and enjoyed cocktails and chicken wings together. She looked adorable in her dress matched with converse sneakers.
- A guest asked Brett Drier asked if he was going to be in the next season of Westworld and he said yes.
- Lead, Regina Hall attended in good spirits doing photos with guests and cast mates.
- Co-star Brooklyn Decker attended the premiere as a last minute travel confirm but had early flight next day and was unable to attend the party.
- Actress AJ Michalka had fun with the Foster Grant photo booth turning it into a kissing booth with boyfriend Josh Pence (footage on her Insastory).